Sunday, August 12, 2007

Semester 2 of Mine

Time flies, my dear. I have come to the 6th week of my Y1-Sem2, my 2nd semester. Unbelievable, man~~

Everything has come to a brand new beginning, declaring a new milestone of my life, composing another new page of my stories. Being the presi. of the class, initially I had many new things to do and to learn as well, could be called as “responsibilities” lar…Hmm, but I think I can adapt it in a short time. I suppose nothing bad will happen to me or my class! *giggle*

It’s the ‘norms’ here that we, Semester 2 seniors (Yap, a group seniors of 6-month-old-fellows-whom-not-deserving-any-respects!! The junior said.) need to brief the newbie on certain Rules and Regulations. It’s not a formal one. But I brought my whole class to their class. My classmates said, to show us our grandeur. *LOL*

It was the 2nd day. Our 1st day of new semester, we were assigned to carry their luggage, lead them to their hostel room, teach them how to greet the Roll-Call monitor and build the rapport.

I met my mentee. Had been assigned to be a mentor to guide a cute Christian girl from PCC, named D.G! Haha =) she’s cute, like a little girl. Some more made me a little card. So I replied her with a glittering, teenage handbag. I hope she like it!!!!!!!!!!

I think my English is really bad to the extent of being shamed by the junior girl. WALAO~
*shy shy shy * hmmm… Anyway, I quitted the English class lar… I don’t feel like paying RM 25/month to learn what is verb, nouns, pronouns and so on. It’s boring, needless to say. When the teacher knew that we are leaving, I so ‘admire’ her skill of speaking, saying us (a few of my friends quit together.) not wanted to learn. Initially I felt guilty to leave her class but when said so, I felt hurt. Normally I do not get hurt easily. My friend said she can be so sarcastic in her nice, ‘sounds-like-non-offensive’ words. *sigh*

Semester 2 is a massive change to me in many aspects. We actually learn a lot of new stuffs. The transition is ranging from the theory part to emotions part. My language is poor. But I would like to voice up.

Pharmacology, Microbiology, Medical Science, Nursing Science, Sociology and Psychology, all of these are my subjects. My biggest difficulties is Pharma and M. Science and N. Science. Microbiology just memorise the causative microbes of some significant diseases will do. For example, Tetanus is caused by Clostridium tetani, PTB, by Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. Let me introduce you guys a funny name. HELICOBACTER PYLORI. How funny is it?? If you ‘hafal’ wrongly, it’ll become HELICOPTER PYLORI oh! Anyway, it causes gastritis and ulceration in our digestive system.

I have had my 1st test. The preparation phase was a hard time for me. I have no idea how is it tested. And I made some silly mistakes. I did with my best efforts, the others I would like to submit my PROBLEMS to God! Hehe… Because God said in the Bible that “He’ll help me…” And my senior said, there cannot be trust if there’s worry. So I heeded that and I slept quite earlier prior my exam. *thanks oh, SENIOR* *LOL*

I’m going to the ward for a month, posted to a female surgical ward. Learning a lot of new skills, such as giving injections, administer drips, medications, Ryles’ Tube feeding and so on make my heart beats excitedly, anticipating to go and make use of theories, apply in practical tasks. Yeah, must not forget, I learnt dressing as well. (Can’t wait to do on patient!)

I’m tired now. I want to go to bed soon. I want to have a brand new refreshing day for the ward orientation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing is so difficult when we release our worries and put our trust in Him my dear~Amen? ^^ sorry cant get to see you las few days..i hope u r doing fine...HUG*

Anonymous said...

Nothing is so difficult when we release our worries and put our trust in Him my dear~Amen? ^^ sorry cant get to see you las few days..i hope u r doing fine...HUG*

-kHoO_7^@N- said...

harlo......Waw....wat a new, fun and exciting sem ahead of u.Dun worry, im sure u can do it.Lang wise, i think u speak eng and mandarin perfectly la, wat for waste money on classes, better belanja me mkn,hehehe......Bt ,maybe u need to improve ur Hokkien nia loh,hahaha..... Im sure U will do ur best den God will do the rest ;)

Ev@n_Co0! said...

Haha..I fully agree with this saying - "WISE MIND THINKS ALIKE" as i fully agree with what Ivan say.You better improve your hokkien,not just only knowing how to say one word in hokkien which I do not want to mention it here...haha.Better you belanja the twins makan..Yeah!!!